Sat, Feb. 26th, 2005, 12:29 am
The Ten-Things-I-Would-Do-If-I-Woke-Up-Next-to-Your-Music Meme:
I can't do the music meme
because I can't remember enough to fill all of the slots. I can't do the "ten things I've done but you probably haven't" meme
because my life has somehow managed to dodge the incorporation any interesting elements
. I can't do the "what would you do if you woke up and I was next to you" meme because it's too creepy. Thus, it is time for MEME FUSION!The Ten-Things-I-Would-Do-If-I-Woke-Up-Next-to-Your-Music-Meme:
Don't be a smart-ass and actually spread this meme. :P
- "Hey, music. *Om nom nom!*"
- (In the case of holohedron's music collection) *It all falls over* "Mmmph!" *Smothers* XP
- "Why are all these hard drives on my bed?"
- "Oh snap! Free music! Good morning to you too, universe!" : ]
- *Flops over to find self face-to-face with Céline Dion* "Wha-- heeey!" *Punts!* "Good morning to you too, universe!" : [
- "Alright, who cast Greater Musicing on my bed?"
- *Wakes up to see music on the bed* "Oh, no. I didn't. Not again!" 0_o
- "Squeeee! The music faerie really does exist!" *Runs through the halls screaming "I believe!" and gets hit by a bus*
- "Shhhh... go back to sleep." *Pats music*
Sat, Feb. 26th, 2005 11:58 am (UTC)
Whenever you say "don't spread this meme," what do you actually expect to happen? You know it will be spread... it's only a matter of time, and who is sad enough to do it. In fact, I have half a mind to do so myself for the sole purpose of being ornery. I would if it weren't for that small shred of dignity that still remains with me.
Sat, Feb. 26th, 2005 07:59 pm (UTC)
masstreble: Pedantics for fun!
Not to be flippant, but it isn't even a 'real' meme; it's a meta
meme. Only the most imaginative and abstract thinkers could come up with ten possiblities for such an abstract situation. Notice the lack of signifiers up there? It's just "next to your music." What is that supposed to mean
? The idea just isn't complete.
It was all intentional of course: I combined three LJ memes in a random jumble for the humor of it. Naturally, the results were going to be every bit as shattered and abstract.
In other words, "You can't take it: it's too messed up!"
Sat, Feb. 26th, 2005 11:27 pm (UTC)
<pedantry>So it's a meme about a meme... and how is that not a meme? In other words, a metameme is still a meme.</pedantry>
That aside, are you telling me that there aren't those who could come up with 10 other solutions? That sounds like a challenge.
Sun, Feb. 27th, 2005 12:04 am (UTC)
masstreble: Fu fu fu~!
Very logical types ("left brained") would have a difficult time coming up with anything interesting under the stated circumstances. It's not so much a challange rather an observational assertment.
That being said, it was mostly for humor. It was punchline and set-up at the same time. Pure absurdity. I don't think you can explore it much farther. If you can do it, though, I flag you on. Might as well add another layer of meta to it, heh.
Sun, Feb. 27th, 2005 10:16 am (UTC)
yaoi_vixen_boi: Re: Fu fu fu~!
*laughs at the "meme"*
........wait... DAMNIT TOO LOGICAL!!!!!
*can't do it.* stupid overly analytical personality......
*burns all of his personal posessions and forms the seperate ash pieces into a giant mural on his cieling*
hmmmmmmm kinda looks like a piece of toast covered in *censored*
Mon, Feb. 28th, 2005 12:49 am (UTC)
cgranade: Re: Fu fu fu~!
I don't care so much as to create an entirely new journal entry for this one, but I will post at least a few ideas here.
- "How the hell did I get onto a hard drive, and who put me on the wrong partition? Damn the crappy DM that is God."
- Crowded bed, wouldn't you think? I'd find a more empty bed, then go back to sleep.
- Take off the headphones.
- Pick up the CDs, and go back to sleep.
- As long as it isn't that one Brittany Spears song that came in a whole pack of DDR songs that I can never seem to find to delete, because the MP3 has a stupid filename...
- Does the music taste good?
- Hope that the music isn't pregnant?
- Is it dead? If so, then drive my Chevy to the levy...
- Post to LJ about the strange experience of waking up next to music.
- AAAH! Room full of music boxes syndrome!
Well, looky here. I came up with 10... take that, left-brained stereotypes!
Mon, Feb. 28th, 2005 02:02 am (UTC)
masstreble: Heh heh!
I said "a difficult
time", and I meant it in half-jest. I wasn't stereotyping anything at all. In fact, I don't put as much stock in the left-right brain issue as I seem to. The neurological reality is much more complex than that.
Take off the headphones.
This was my favourite; colon dee.